Capgemini's Digital Customer Experience (DCX) practice helps global brands as well as public organizations to understand and implement the right mix of business-focused digital capabilities and innovations following a “Customer-First” approach. Our development teams are responsible for end-to-end enterprise application development process using the newest technologies. They are highly independent, capable in Agile Process and Lean Software Engineering practices. In our daily work, we foster good communication and the culture of feedback. Following the motto “Get the future you want”, we offer a wide variety of learning and personal development opportunities.
Your daily tasks:
- lead and support the technical development and implementation of Dynamics 365 and Power Platform solutions to meet user needs within a delivery team;
- deal with complex configurations and integrations of auxiliary components like telephone systems, chatbots, CPQ engines and everything else needed by our customers;
- be part of the design of a solution for Dynamics 365 and Power Platform and extend the capabilities where needed through customization after discussing this with your peer Architects and Functional Consultants;
- help shape the Microsoft Business Applications technical capability by bringing your ideas for improvement forward and see them implemented.
Most frequently used technologies:
C#, C, C++ (.NET)
Microsoft Azure PaaS
- you are excited about the technologies and capabilities provided by Dynamics 365 and Power Platform – the out-of-the-box capabilities and the limitations, or have experience with other CRM Cloud platforms;
- you can apply software engineering principles on top of business application platforms and want to get into the nitty-gritties of the system – using APIs, building extensions and integrating with other systems;
- you are passionate about software engineering with a DevOps twist, can use at least one modern programming language (like C#, Java, Python, etc.), and know something about scripting (PowerShell, Bash, etc.) and Everything-as-Code (templating of heterogeneous artifacts);
- you have some experience with Microsoft Azure and are willing to learn how to offload complex logic into the Cloud using Serverless components (Logic Apps, Functions, Service Bus and API Management);
- Microsoft certifications related to Dynamics 365 and Azure are a great plus.
- permanent employment contract from the first day,
- hybrid, flexible working model,
- possibility of using increased tax-deductible costs in the case of creative work,
- co-financing to equip a workplace at home,
- development opportunities:
- substantive support from project leaders,
- a wide range of internal and external trainings (technical, language, leadership),
- certification support in various areas,
- mentoring and a real impact on shaping your career path,
- access to a database of over 2,000 training courses on Pluralsight, Coursera, Harvard platforms,
- internal communities (including Agile, IoT, Digital, Security, Women@Capgemini),
- the opportunity to participate in conferences both as a listener and an expert;
- benefits as part of the social package (including: subsidy to the Multisport card, medical care for the whole family, group insurance on preferential terms, cafeteria).