Capgemini's Digital Customer Experience (DCX) helps global brands as well as public organizations understand and implement the right mix of business focused digital capabilities and innovations following “Customer-First” approach to address both organization and customer needs. Our development teams are responsible for end-to-end enterprise application development process using the newest technologies. They are highly independent, capable in Agile Process and Lean Software Engineering practices. In our daily work, we foster good communication and culture of feedback. Following the motto ”Get the future you want”, we offer a wide variety of learning and personal development opportunities.
As a Dynamics 365 and Power Platform Developer, you play a key role in the Agile delivery of business applications, custom software, and integration at an enterprise scale.
Your daily tasks:
- Lead and support the technical development and implementation of Dynamics 365 and Power Platform solutions to meet user needs within a delivery team,
- Deal with complex configurations and integrations of auxiliary components like telephone systems, chatbots, CPQ engines and everything else needed by our customers,
- Be part of the design of a solution for Dynamics 365 and Power Platform and extend the capabilities where needed through customization after discussing this with your peer Architects and Functional Consultants,
- Help shape the Microsoft Business Applications technical capability by bringing your ideas for improvement forward and see them implemented.
Our team puts a lot of time and effort into the Microsoft community, and we invest in doing things right. That is why we contribute with tooling to the Open-source community (https://github.com/orgs/Capgemini/repositories?q=dynamics&type=public), and we try to explain Microsoft technologies to everyone: https://medium.com/capgemini-microsoft-team
Frequently used technologies:
- you are excited about the technologies and capabilities provided by Dynamics 365 and Power Platform – the out-of-the-box capabilities and the limitations, or have experience with other CRM Cloud platforms,
- you can apply software engineering principles on top of business application platforms and want to get into the nitty-gritties of the system – using APIs, building extensions and integrating with other systems,
- you are passionate about software engineering with a DevOps twist, can use at least one modern programming language (like C#, Java, Python, etc.), and know something about scripting (PowerShell, Bash, etc.) and Everything-as-Code (templating of heterogeneous artifacts),
- you have some experience with Microsoft Azure and are willing to learn how to offload complex logic into the Cloud using Serverless components (Logic Apps, Functions, Service Bus and API Management),
- Microsoft certifications related to Dynamics 365 and Azure are a great plus.
- employment contract for an indefinite period from the first day;
- hybrid, flexible work model;
- possibility of obtaining increased deductible costs for creative work;
- co-financing for equipping the workplace at home;
- development opportunities, including:
- substantive support of leaders in projects,
- a wide range of internal and external training courses (technical, language, leadership),
- support in certification in various areas,
- mentoring and real influence in shaping your career path,
- access to a database of over 2000 training courses on Pluralsight, Coursera, Harvard platforms,
- internal communities (e.g. Agile, IoT, Digital, Security, Women@Capgemini),
- the opportunity to participate in conferences both as a listener and as an expert,
- relocation package;
- benefits as part of the social package (e.g. Multisport card, medical care for the whole family, group insurance on preferential terms, cafeteria).